In the ever-evolving landscape of digital marketing, one strategy stands out as a game-changer for brands in the health and wellness industry – influencer whitelisting. Having been on the frontlines of the influencer marketing revolution since the early days of the internet, our team has witnessed its transformative power firsthand. From our pioneering work with gamers at Miniclip to launching Fullbottle, one of the industry’s first content marketplaces in 2013, we’ve honed our expertise in connecting brands and influencers for content creation and customer acquisition.
Now, with Breathe, we’re taking these lessons and experiences to the health and wellness sector, helping brands amplify their influencer activations at scale. In this article, “Boost ROI with Health & Wellness Influencer Whitelisting,” we’re delving deep into the world of influencer whitelisting. We’ll explore what it is, how it differs from brand-owned ads, and the steps to whitelisting influencers on platforms like Facebook and Instagram. We’ll also provide valuable insights, practical tips, and real success stories to showcase how this strategy can significantly enhance ROI in our booming health and wellness industry.
Join me as we navigate the exciting realm of influencer whitelisting (now called “creator licensing”), discover its potential, and learn how to harness it for your brand’s success.
Understanding Influencer Whitelisting
Whitelisting is a technique used by brands to access and use influencer content for advertising purposes. It is a method that enables brands to reach new audiences through influencer marketing. The process allows brands to target specific and lookalike audiences, while also providing social proof for whitelisted ads, thus enhancing brand credibility.
Leveraging influencer content is an effective approach that helps brands create authentic advertisements. By integrating influencer whitelisting into their influencer marketing strategy, brands can promote their products or services across platforms like Facebook Business Manager and Instagram Ads, using various types of content. This approach has become a popular way for brands to increase their ROI and gather valuable insights through tools such as Google Analytics.
The benefits of whitelisting go beyond just increasing brand credibility and reach. Brands can also leverage the data generated from these campaigns to gain insights into consumer behavior and preferences. These insights can be used to refine their targeting strategies further, resulting in more effective campaigns in the future.
Moreover, by collaborating with influencers on branded content, brands can establish long-term relationships with them, which can extend beyond just one-off campaigns. Influencers can then become brand ambassadors who help promote the brand’s products or services continuously.
The Basis of Influencer Whitelisting
Influencer whitelisting involves granting advertising permissions to brands by connecting influencer accounts to brand ad accounts. This process enables brands to access and use influencer content on social media platforms such as Facebook and Instagram. To implement whitelisting, businesses need to have Facebook Business Manager accounts or brand partnership manager access. By whitelisting influencers, brands can reach larger audiences with their ads compared to organic content. It’s a popular way for brands to enhance their influencer marketing campaigns and boost their ROI.
Distinction Between Whitelisted Ads and Brand-owned Ads
Whitelisted ads, featuring influencer content, offer brand partner visibility by including the influencer’s account handle. Brands can also repurpose whitelisted ads with the influencer’s usage rights. In contrast, brand-owned ads provide brands with full creative control while maintaining the authenticity of influencer content. Additionally, whitelisted ads benefit from the social proof gained through popular influencer content. Understanding the distinction between these two types of ads is crucial for brands looking to leverage influencer marketing to boost their ROI.
Whitelisted ads differentiate themselves from brand-owned ads in several key ways. First, whitelisted ads include branded content, whereas brand-owned ads do not. Secondly, whitelisted ads prominently display the influencer’s handle, while brand-owned ads feature the brand’s handle. Additionally, whitelisted ads have usage rights, allowing brands to repurpose influencer content, while brand-owned ads do not offer this flexibility. Moreover, whitelisted ads benefit from social proof as followers recognize and connect with influencer content, whereas brand-owned ads rely solely on the brand’s reputation. Lastly, thanks to the influencer’s followers and organic reach, whitelisted ads can reach larger audiences compared to brand-owned ads.
Empowering Creators Through Influencer Whitelisting
Influencer whitelisting isn’t just a game-changer for brands; it’s a powerful tool that opens exciting doors for creators as well. Here are some key benefits that creators can reap from the magic of influencer whitelisting:
- Expanded Reach: Whitelisting catapults creators’ content to new heights, granting it exposure to fresh eyes and allowing them to organically grow their audience. Since these posts don’t have to clutter the influencer’s feed, they breathe new life into the content and extend the account’s reach.
- Stay in Your Creative Zone: Creators can stay in their creative flow without the added pressure of crafting ads themselves. This means they can focus on what they do best – creating captivating content – while leaving the ad creation to the brand.
- Combat Audience Fatigue: With whitelisting, creators can take on more branded collaborations without overwhelming their followers with a constant stream of sponsored content in their organic feed. This approach helps maintain a harmonious balance between sponsored and organic posts.
- Unlock Earning Potential: Whitelisting empowers influencers to maximize their earning potential, whether they’re micro-influencers or boast a substantial following. It offers opportunities to expand and enhance their media kit, track content performance, and continually refine their skills. By doing so, influencers can scale their business, deliver tangible results, and significantly boost brand visibility.
In essence, influencer whitelisting is a win-win strategy, fostering mutually beneficial relationships between creators and brands. It amplifies content, streamlines processes, and creates room for growth, ensuring that creators can thrive in the ever-evolving landscape of influencer marketing.
The Process of Influencer Whitelisting on Social Media Platforms
Influencer Whitelisting on social media platforms involves connecting their social media accounts to brand ad accounts. This process requires access to the business manager or brand partnership manager tools, where brands can provide influencer access, permissions, and advertising access. Whitelisting occurs on popular social media platforms like Facebook and Instagram. The purpose of influencer whitelisting is to ensure that brands can use influencer content for advertising purposes and reach a larger audience through paid ads.
A Step-by-Step Guide for Facebook and Instagram
In the realm of digital marketing, especially when it comes to running ads on Facebook or Instagram, there’s a vital initial step that both brands and influencers need to undertake. This step involves setting up a Facebook Page and a Facebook Business Manager account. Even if your usual influencer campaigns primarily run on platforms like TikTok or YouTube, the world of Facebook is interconnected, and having a presence there is essential.
For the Brand:
The good news is, the process is quite straightforward and takes just a mere two minutes. Below, we’ll outline the simple steps for setting up these accounts.
- First and foremost, you need to set up a business manager account if you haven’t already done so. Once you have a business manager account, you can connect the influencer’s Facebook page to your brand’s account. You will then need to provide the influencer with access, permissions, and advertising access.
- To whitelist the influencer’s content, you can utilize either the branded content tool or ads manager. The branded content tool allows influencers to tag your brand in their posts, which can help increase visibility and engagement among their followers. Alternatively, using ads manager allows you to customize and target the whitelisted content for specific audiences.
- After whitelisting the influencer’s content, it is crucial to monitor its performance using the ads manager dashboard. This will help you determine whether the campaign is successful or not and make data-driven decisions for future campaigns.
For the Influencer:
Empowering influencers to collaborate seamlessly with brands via influencer whitelisting is a game-changer in the digital marketing sphere. Here’s a step-by-step guide for influencers on how to share assets with their brand partners:
- Begin by accessing Facebook Business Manager, then navigate to Business Settings and select Users. From there, tap on Partners.
- Next, click on the Add dropdown menu and opt for “Give a partner access to your assets.”
- You’ll need to input the brand’s Facebook Business Manager ID and then proceed by clicking Next.
- Now, it’s time to specify the Assets and Permissions that you’d like to grant your brand partner. This includes selecting the Facebook Page and Instagram Account Assets that the brand intends to use for whitelisting. For enhanced audience targeting capabilities, you may also consider requesting access to Pixels, which aids in building custom audiences aligned with your target customer demographics.
- Set the permissions level to “Create Ads.”
- Lastly, don’t forget to Save your changes.
With these steps complete, your influencer’s Instagram account and Facebook page are now prepped and ready for whitelisting!
From the brand’s perspective, your influencer’s Instagram account and Facebook page will become visible in their own Facebook Business Manager. This enables them to kickstart the process of creating ads and constructing custom audiences using the influencer’s content.
A Step-by-Step Guide for TikTok Spark Ads
If you want to run TikTok Spark Ads successfully, you can follow these step-by-step instructions. The first step is to identify an influencer whose audience, content, and brand alignment align with your objectives. You can then reach out to them and explain the whitelisting process on TikTok Spark Ads. They will provide their TikTok Ads Manager account ID to be whitelisted, which will allow them to create and publish ads on your behalf.
You should monitor the ad performance regularly and make adjustments as needed to maximize ROI. This could include adjusting the ad targeting, changing the ad creative, or increasing/decreasing the ad budget. By doing so, you can ensure that your TikTok Spark Ads are performing at their best and achieving your desired outcomes. Additionally, it’s important to keep in mind that TikTok’s algorithm is constantly evolving, so staying up-to-date with any changes or updates can help you stay ahead of the competition.
Incorporating influencer whitelisting is an effective strategy for promoting your product, such as a stellar review from your influencer. This approach allows you to craft compelling ads using clips from their review videos or resharing their product usage photos, complemented by glowing quotes about their experience. For optimizing your ad campaigns, consider leveraging tools like Plai, which offers valuable insights on analytics and content trends within your niche, facilitating precise targeting.
By harnessing the power of influencer whitelisting and targeting custom audiences, you’ll expand your reach beyond your influencer’s followers. Building lookalike audiences enables you to connect with a broader demographic that shares similar interests with your influencer’s organic audience.
Once you’ve mastered the basics, delve deeper into the world of influencer content amplification with our insightful webinar in partnership with Breathe Media. Our experts share invaluable tips for driving ROI in the health and wellness industry through influencer collaboration. Elevate your influencer whitelisting marketing game and unlock new possibilities for your brand’s success.